Relationship to plasma proteins is 14-21%, the total distribution. The time to maximum concentration of 0.5 hours. The average value of the maximum concentration of 23.2 ng / ml. The drug is metabolized by monoamine oxidase oxidation involving deca steroid to form metabolites, the main ones are indoleacetic analogue sumatriptan without having pharmacological activity towards serotonin receptors, and its glucuronide.
Relief of migraine attacks (especially accompanied by vomiting) with or without aura.
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- hemiplegic, basilar migraine and oftalmoplegicheskaya form;
- Coronary heart disease (including myocardial infarction, myocardial infarction, angina, Prinzmetal), as well as the presence of symptoms to suggest the presence of coronary artery disease;
- occlusive peripheral vascular disease;
- stroke or transient ischemic attack (including a history..);
- uncontrolled hypertension;
- receiving simultaneously with ergotamine or derivatives thereof (including methysergide);
- use in patients receiving monoamine oxidase inhibitors or earlier than 2 weeks after the cancellation of these drugs;
- severely impaired liver and / or kidney problems;
- age 18 years and older than 65 years (safety and efficacy has not been established);
- pregnancy and lactation.Carefully:
- controlled hypertension;
- diseases that may change the absorption, metabolism or excretion of the drug (eg, renal or hepatic function);
- epilepsy or any condition with a reduction in seizure threshold);
- in patients with hypersensitivity to sulfonamides (administration sumatriptan can cause allergic reactions, the severity of which varies from cutaneous manifestations of anaphylaxis. Data on the cross-sensitivity is limited, however, caution should be exercised in the appointment of sumatriptan in these patients).Dosing and Administration
Rectal, 1 suppository at a migraine attack occurs.
If migraine symptoms do not disappear or diminish after the first dose, then the cupping of the same attack again taking the drug should deca steroid not be. However, the drug can be used for relief of subsequentmigraine attacks.
If the patient has felt improvement after the first dose, and then resumed symptoms can take a second dose for the next 24 hours. The maximum dose of sumatriptan should not exceed 300 mg over a 24-hour period.Side effects Common Pain, sensation of heat or tingling, feeling of compression or gravity. These symptoms are usually transient, but can be intense and occur in any part of the body including the chest and throat. Hot flashes, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, drowsiness usually are mild or moderate and are transient in nature. On the part of the cardiovascular system arterial pressure, bradycardia, tachycardia, a transient increase in blood pressure (observed shortly after receiving sumatriptan). Rarely -Violation heart rate, transient ischemic deca steroid changes such as myocardial infarction, coronary artery spasm. Sometimes develops Raynaud’s phenomenon. On the part of the gastrointestinal tract Nausea, vomiting, ischemic colitis (but link these side effects with sumatriptan has not been established);dysphagia, abdominal discomfort. On the part of the central nervous system and sensory organs Dizziness, rarely seizures. Sometimes after taking sumatriptan noted diplopia, flashing before the eyes, nystagmus, scotoma, reduced visual acuity. Very rarely develops partial transient loss of vision. However, it should be borne in mind that visual impairment may be associated with himself a migraine attack.Hypersensitivity deca steroid reactions ranging from cutaneous manifestations (rash, urticaria, pruritus, erythema) to rare cases of anaphylaxis. From the laboratory parameters Minor changes in the activity of “liver” transaminases.